College of Arts & Sciences
Interdisciplinary Humanities Research Center
10-Year Anniversary Celebration
Grants to Faculty
In celebration of its founding in 2009, the IHRC announces a special grant funding opportunity for CAS faculty.
WHAT: Faculty funding for individual and collaborative multidisciplinary research that engages the humanities in identifiable interdisciplinary practices. All stages, preliminary to advanced, will be considered. All CAS faculty (TT and CT) are eligible.
FUNDING: Funds will be allocated as individual faculty research funds administrated by the faculty and their home department. Awarded funds must be used by June 15, 2021.
Proposals should be submitted as a single PDF file; the narrative should use 12-point font, double spaced. Proposals must include following:
- Research proposal title
- Short abstract of no more than 250 words
- Proposal narrative
- Describe the research project or teaching proposal, the expected outcomes; provide a timeline. Explain the importance of the project and requested funding to your research and teaching.
- Clarify the
humanities +, that is the interdisciplinary/multidisciplinary features of your research.
- If this is a collaborative project, note the role, field and contributions of the primary participants.
- Justify funding requests with specific amounts for expected allocation (travel, software, publication subvention, etc.).
- List funding sources or grants already received for this project and/or other applications in process for this research.
Grant recipients are expected to give a presentation about their project to faculty, staff, and graduate students at a "teach-in" event and/or IHRC grant showcase and submit a final project report suitable for publication on the IHRC website. Awarded funds must be used by June 15, 2021. A full accounting of expenditures, with documentation, is to be included in the final project report, due no later than June 15, 2021. Report guidelines will be provided by the IHRC.
SUBMISSION PROCESS & DEADLINE: DEADLINE HAS PASSED
October 31, 2019. Notification by Dec. 6, 2019.
In the subject line of the email submission note: IHRC Birthday CFP and your name [IHRC Birthday CFP: Name]