- get answers to teaching questions,
- discuss long-term projects,
- learn about instructional grant opportunities,
- explore cutting-edge teaching technologies,
- participate in workshops on best practices for teaching,
- and engage in other activities to enhance their teaching, and their students’ learning.
Staff from a collection of campus support units are on site to work with faculty individually or to determine the best course of action and the appropriate team for larger efforts. The Commons is also available if faculty just need a place to work or meet with colleagues outside their office.
Faculty Commons is a shared space that incorporates expertise from every unit on campus that supports teaching and faculty who teach. Below please find links to these units, along with links to their calendar of events. The Faculty Commons also maintains a CENTRAL CALENDAR for events for faculty. We invite you to explore the best ways to interact with students, present content, and evaluate learning.
Principally, those units are
- Academic Technology Services IT-(ATS),
- Center for Teaching and Assessment of Learning (CTAL),
- Institute for Transforming Undergraduate Education (ITUE),
- Library – Reference and Instructional Services,
- Library – Multimedia Collections and Services.
Additionally, Faculty Commons incorporates staff expertise from
- Delaware Design Institute (DDI),
- Interdisciplinary Humanities Resource Center (IHRC),
- Interdisciplinary Science Learning Laboratories (ISLL),
- Professional & Continuing Studies (PCS),
- IT Client Support & Services (IT-CS&S),
- IT University Media Services (IT-UMS),
- Office of Service Learning (OSL),
- Student Multimedia Design Center (SMDC),
- and others.